Heartfelt piano driven ballad coming soon from former X Factor finalist.
Born in Dublin but now plying her trade in London, Roberta Howett is a double whammy of talent and beauty which comes along very rarely indeed. A finalist on X-Factor in 2004, she has worked since on developing a successful career as a musician and songwriter, and is now ready for a solo release.
Her superb vocal and songwriting style have been compared to the likes of Sarah Bareilles and Christina Perri, and the lush layering of vocals on her tracks are influenced by artists such as Enya. However, as you’ll hear on the single below, the sparse piano arrangement and incredible vocal are what helps her stand on her own.
The heartfelt lyrics come from a personal bugbear of Roberta, railing against those who judge people choosing to be single over entering relationships for the sake of it. You can hear it here:
Although Roberta Howett has not often stepped out on her own as solo artist, she is certainly not new to the music industry. As part of her band Fanfair, she supported The Wanted on a sold-out arena tour of the UK and Ireland. Her previous solo single ‘Beautiful Lies’, independently released in Ireland, saw her work with none other than Jake Gosling, and she has played Glastonbury with Sharon Corr and Oxegen Festival with Irish artist Bressie. You may have also caught a glimpse of her on your TV screens as the house band lead singer on Tonight with Craig Doyle – a Saturday night TV show which aired in Ireland, drawing huge audiences.
All of this experience is proof (if any were needed) that Roberta Howett is a force to be reckoned with, and has the potential to be one of 2015′s top new artists – watch this space.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Lagto
- Mainstream Fix
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- X Factor style auditions for Open Mic UK 2015 March 26, 2015 MuzicNotez
- Nina Jones Will ‘Never Let You Go’ With New Single March 25, 2015 MuzicNotez
- Interview with Palaye Royale March 24, 2015 MuzicNotez
- New March Magazine Issue with Battles news and new music March 24, 2015 MuzicNotez
- Preacher set to spread the word with April 13th album ‘Signals’ March 23, 2015 MuzicNotez
- Icelandic band Arstidir new album ‘Hvel’ March 19, 2015 MuzicNotez
- Bias Firey’s cover of Lana Del Rey’s ‘Video Games’ March 19, 2015 MuzicNotez
- Electroflesh new album ‘That Compilation!’ March 18, 2015 MuzicNotez
- Lush pop from Irish singer-songwriter Roberta Howett, ‘Broken Wings’ single due March 27th
- X Factor style auditions for Open Mic UK 2015
- Nina Jones Will ‘Never Let You Go’ With New Single
- Interview with Palaye Royale
- New March Magazine Issue with Battles news and new music
- Preacher set to spread the word with April 13th album ‘Signals’