African rhythms meet mainstream dance with new single ‘Ngoma’
In one of the most intriguing collaborations in recent memory, superstar producer Jordan Crisp is set to team up with independent Ghanaian artist Nana D for new track ‘Ngoma’.
The track, released December 2nd, sees Crisp’s electronic dance sensibilities married to traditional African drum beats and a hook sung by Nana D, creating a rhythmic, energetic track which has the potential to hit the club charts hard.
The accompanying video, directed by Nana D himself, continues the theme, combining contemporary animation techniques to a traditional African setting.
Jordan Crisp, signed to EMI at age 18 on the strength of self-produced music that got picked up as soundtrack by MTV for the likes of Cribs and My Super Sweet 16, has most recently been developing his reputation in the world of film. His soundtrack for number 1 UK box office hit ‘Streetdance 3D’ saw him win his first Gold LP, and subsequent work on the sequel and the Horrid Henry movie has been well received.
Growing up in Ghana, West Africa, Nana D was surrounded by the traditional music of his homeland as well as the Motown, disco and funk in his father’s record collection. A subsequent move to the UK in the 1980′s introduced the young music enthusiast to the hip-hop of NWA and EPMD, and later the UK jungle and garage scenes. This varied musical education saw Nana D form a successful hip-hop act who were among the first UK rap groups to have their video played on MTV Base. He also forged a career in film production, a skill which he now utilises in his most recent music projects with Jordan Crisp and producer Picasso.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Hill Country Devil: Nicotine and China White July 9, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Hellow Yellow New Indie Rock Single ‘I Don’t Care’ July 1, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Listener – Talk Music Single ‘Falling In Love With Glaciers’ June 19, 2019 MuzicNotez