TEENSTAR COMPETITION WINNER LUKE FRIEND NOW HAS THE X FACTOR
17 year old teen star Luke Friend has hit the headlines again – this time making the judges houses in the tenth series of ITV’s The X Factor with resounding success with The X Factor judging panel praising the star, including Sharon Osbourne who has returned from exile saying “Luke I am crazy about you! You are quite fabulous.” Luke Friend opened the show and was also the first to be invited to the live arena auditions.
West Country boy Luke Friend has just come off the back of being crowned the winner of the singing competition TeenStar in July, the nationwide competition for teens and pre-teens! The TeenStar singing competition’s Grand Final took place within The O2 in London and gave acts the chance to play in front of a massive crowd and music industry judging panel.
Other X Factor judges include former Pussy Cat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger who told 17-year-old Luke Friend that he’s a “little diamond of rough” as he took to the audition room with Ben E. King’s Stand By Me. Louis Walsh commented “You have your own style, your own finish, love your voice. You’re different.”
Four yes’s later and Luke Friend was on his way to the arena auditions to sing in front of the judges once more, as well as a live audience of 4,000 people.
Luke Friend has already impressed an impressive judging panel at TeenStar who crowned the star singing competition winner. The TeenStar judging panel included former Radio 1 DJ and Choice FM presenter Ras Kwame who first discovered Emeli Sande, four time Ivor Novello award winner Mark Hill, Choice FM presenter E Plus, Capital FM producer and celebrity journo Jon Hornbuckle, Editor of Shout Magazine Ali Henderson, Head of BGM Michael King and Head of Future Music Chris Grayston who first discovered Birdy through the Open Mic UK music competition, so Luke’s talent was in good hands to be judged.
Chris Grayston remembers Luke Friend from the Open Mic UK competition, saying “It’s great to watch Luke’s development over the years and now he’s found his own image, sound and confidence there’s nothing stopping him!”
Much talk was also of Luke’s hair which he revealed to the judge panel he hadn’t washed for 9 months. Perhaps it’s just as well they keep themselves behind a desk!
Check out Luke Friend this weekend on ITV’s The X Factor, and also on:
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’