17-year-old Samantha J is stamping her name with the “J” for the Jamaica she takes with her, as she begins her first promotional tour up the U.S. East Coast with YouTube superstar Andrea Russett. Starting October 28th in Miami, the 2 ladies will embark on their journey in their very own customized van — stopping at special locations along their way to NYC where Samantha’s debut track “Tight Skirt” is already being played at 2 of the nation’s top radio stations — Hot 97 and Power 105. Andrea Russett is known for her YouTube channel that has over 50 million views.
She has appeared as an actress in Nickelodeon and Disney projects — and she currently has over 460,000 Twitter followers. Andrea will be surprising fans with a sneak peek of her Flawd clothing line and will be introducing her road trip partner Samantha J to all her followers. Stay tuned to Samantha’s social sites to keep up to date on her first U.S. road trip.
On October 24th, Samantha’s “Tight Skirt” video debuted on BET as their coveted New Joint of the Day on 106 & Park. The video made its U.S. debut only just a few weeks ago on MTV Buzzworthy — where it quickly locked in the MTV.com #1 Most Shared Video, the #2 Most Commented Video, and also the #3 Favorite Video.
The music video for “Tight Skirt” features Samantha as the quintessential Jamaican Rude Girl who is leaving after school detention. Samantha explains, “We wanted to show what Britney Spears’ ‘Hit Me Baby One More Time’ would have looked like if it was shot in Downtown Kingston with authentic dancehall choreography and dancers.”
Featuring a sample from the 1990s classic dancehall track “Tight Up Skirt” by Red Rat, Samantha J’s “Tight Skirt” empowers young women to be confident and comfortable with being themselves. The self-love anthem blends Samantha’s innocent and melodic vocal style while merging with ease the sounds of Patois with Pop, Dancehall and Reggae music.
Her first release has quickly become the most popular song on her native island Jamaica — topping every single chart. Stay tuned as she hits the U.S.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’