17-year-old Samantha J is stamping her name with the “J” for the Jamaica she takes with her, as she begins her first promotional tour up the U.S. East Coast with YouTube superstar Andrea Russett. Starting October 28th in Miami, the 2 ladies will embark on their journey in their very own customized van — stopping at special locations along their way to NYC where Samantha’s debut track “Tight Skirt” is already being played at 2 of the nation’s top radio stations — Hot 97 and Power 105. Andrea Russett is known for her YouTube channel that has over 50 million views.
She has appeared as an actress in Nickelodeon and Disney projects — and she currently has over 460,000 Twitter followers. Andrea will be surprising fans with a sneak peek of her Flawd clothing line and will be introducing her road trip partner Samantha J to all her followers. Stay tuned to Samantha’s social sites to keep up to date on her first U.S. road trip.
On October 24th, Samantha’s “Tight Skirt” video debuted on BET as their coveted New Joint of the Day on 106 & Park. The video made its U.S. debut only just a few weeks ago on MTV Buzzworthy — where it quickly locked in the MTV.com #1 Most Shared Video, the #2 Most Commented Video, and also the #3 Favorite Video.
The music video for “Tight Skirt” features Samantha as the quintessential Jamaican Rude Girl who is leaving after school detention. Samantha explains, “We wanted to show what Britney Spears’ ‘Hit Me Baby One More Time’ would have looked like if it was shot in Downtown Kingston with authentic dancehall choreography and dancers.”
Featuring a sample from the 1990s classic dancehall track “Tight Up Skirt” by Red Rat, Samantha J’s “Tight Skirt” empowers young women to be confident and comfortable with being themselves. The self-love anthem blends Samantha’s innocent and melodic vocal style while merging with ease the sounds of Patois with Pop, Dancehall and Reggae music.
Her first release has quickly become the most popular song on her native island Jamaica — topping every single chart. Stay tuned as she hits the U.S.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Listener – Talk Music Single ‘Falling In Love With Glaciers’ June 19, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Pretti Emage New Hip Hop & R&B Album ‘The Playlist’ June 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- LOKELLA: Crushing Boundaries in Grand Rapids’ Alt-Music Scene June 7, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Colorado Soul Group – The Burroughs ‘Step Into The Music’ June 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Bill Abernathy’s New Americana Single ‘Changes’ June 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Alternative Chicago Band Sleeping At Last New Album ‘Atlas: Year Two’ May 29, 2019 MuzicNotez
- A True Original – Hannah Moore May 24, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Richard Lynch – ‘Keyboard Cowboy’ Country Single May 22, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Listener – Talk Music Single ‘Falling In Love With Glaciers’
- Pretti Emage New Hip Hop & R&B Album ‘The Playlist’
- LOKELLA: Crushing Boundaries in Grand Rapids’ Alt-Music Scene
- Colorado Soul Group – The Burroughs ‘Step Into The Music’
- Bill Abernathy’s New Americana Single ‘Changes’
- Alternative Chicago Band Sleeping At Last New Album ‘Atlas: Year Two’