With a punchy opening and a simple but effective video, Katie Cole’s new single continues to mark her out as an artist to watch. Already established in her native Australia as well as the US (she lives in LA but spends a lot of time in the musical haven of Nashville), Cole started to make her mark in the UK with her previous EP ‘Lost Inside a Moment’, which picked up decent airplay on the likes of BBC Radio 2.
It’s not difficult to see why she would pick up such mainstream support, coming across as a modern day Shania Twain with her mix of pop and rock – although she credits the likes of KT Tunstall and Sheryl Crow as well.
The album as a whole is superbly produced, not too much of a surprise given the talent she’s surrounded herself with. Producer Howard Willing (Smashing Pumpkins, Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow, OK Go) worked with two members of John Mayer’s band, drummer Aaron Sterling (Natasha Bedingfield, Glen Campbell), Bassist Sean Hurley (Kris Kristofferson, Colbie Caillat), pianist Roger Manning Jr (Jellyfish, Beck) and veteran guitarist Tim Pierce (Rascal Flatts, Faith Hill) to bring Katie Cole’s music to life, and this line-up as much as anything should go to demonstrate the pulling power of her songs.
In addition to the single, the eleven song album boasts many a strong track, particularly in its second half. ‘Penelope’ is a real beauty which features the legendary Kris Kristofferson, while ‘Save You The Trouble’ and ‘Jaded’ – one an infectious toe tapping country break-up song, the latter a more straight pop conversion ballad (particularly reminiscent of the aforementioned Miss Twain) – are particularly fine examples of Cole’s song writing abilities.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’