Off-kilter four piece release single from ‘The Rockfield Live Demonstrations’ EP
With an upbeat indie-soul sound, Nude are a four piece set to explode onto the UK scene with debut single ‘Oh My Lady’.
21st February – The Betsey Trotwood, London
The single – a pacy, technically astute track with a solid mixture of rhythms melodies and distinctly reedy-tight vocals over light guitar licks – is taken from a collection of recordings captured at Rockfield Studios in Wales. For two days the band worked hard to create a clean, studio sound to compliment their more raw, live sound, and the results have been brought together for debut EP ‘The Rockfield Live Demonstrations’, tracks from which can be found on their Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Having come from all over the UK to the Northern College of Music in Manchester, the four members of the band each have their own backgrounds and influences which feed into the band’s positive indie sound. They also each come with unusual stories which hint at an offbeat creative collaboration between the band members.
Bassist Frank Morgan (Cardiff) once fell down a shallow mine outside of Newport only for his bass to break his fall and potentially save his life. Meanwhile drummer Will Jaquet (Edinburgh) turned to music when a promising football career with Celtic Youth FC was cut short thanks to a number of consecutive red cards, while vocalist Inigo Ford (London) has his placenta bottled in formaldehyde at home and is also the grandson of author Beryl Bainbridge…. Finally, and perhaps less frightening, guitarist Jonny Smale (Manchester) has previously supported Ian Brown with former band Carpe Diem, playing with elusive Manchester drum legend ‘Funky Si’ Simon Wolstencroft (The Fall, Ian Brown and original member of what were to become The Smiths).
It all makes for an interesting cocktail of input for this promising UK band. You can find them at a number of gigs in the UK and Europe in the coming months.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’