Young upstarts from Halifax, Yorkshire, The McCarrons are a three piece comprising Louis & Michael McCarron (both vocals plus Bass and lead/rhythm guitar respectively) and Andy Farrell (vocals,drums). For fans of British rock and indie music, the trio’s new album is one which proudly wears its influences on its sleeve and shows a good deal of promising talent.
With three vocalists in the band, you would expect the harmonies to work to good effect, and they do throughout. Showcased in songs such as opener ‘So Long Goodbye’ as well as ‘Back to Your World’, ‘I Know the Secret’ and ‘They Make Your Day’, the vocals here are never stronger than when working in a group. That’s not to say the solo vocals don’t work, just that they’re boosted by the company.
Other nice touches include the upbeat summer feel of single ‘Rock n Roll Star Like Me’. With a shimmer of acoustic guitars, upbeat melodies and harmonies, the building verse is a highlight – simple but effective for changing it up. Versatility is shown though with follow up ‘Sylvia’. A sad tale, almost folky in its lyricism, this track is a character song made of acoustic strumming, pushed drums and a simple melody.
With nine songs in total, it’s this paring that sum up the band – comfortable whether upbeat or downbeat, The McCarrons are the latest in a long line of up and coming British bands who know how to write.
You can buy ‘Whatever Next?’ here.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’