After you create your new hit song or album, you need it to be heard and enjoyed. Almost every independent musician needs to make this their own job (in a countless list of others!). Either you hire a publicist or you continually find new press opportunities and constantly submit your music to them.
As part of the MuzicNotez brand we have this magazine. Within the MuzicNotez Magazine we receive countless submissions a day from indie musicians such as yourself. We enjoy going through all of the submissions, however it’s incredibly time consuming and we’ve received a lot of ridiculous submissions that we just can’t take seriously. We wanted to impart our wisdom and opinions your way to help you receive more success when submitting to blogs, magazines and radio throughout the industry.
Must haves when your submitting to press
To elaborate on these quick and easy tips… one of the most important to us is having a link to a reputable site to quickly stream your music. The end all be all is HOW YOU SOUND. If we can’t quickly have a listen, than what’s the point. So ALWAYS include a link for us to listen to your music. When emailing a specific email address, always include a link (unless asked otherwise) to your new specific release or all your full library of music.
Beyond that, good grammar goes a long way. Be professional, your music is your job and career. If you want us to take you seriously, take yourself seriously. Don’t write in all caps, don’t be cocky and say “I’M #1!”. Yes, be confident, but be real and somewhat modest.
The more opportunities you submit to, the higher your odds of acceptance. We all receive tons of submissions so no matter how great you might be, it just might be hard to get you up. We typically have a list of 100+ already accepted submissions that we’re waiting to get in. Persistence pays off, but be careful not to become spammy. Throwing a tweet or Facebook post to the press you’re submitting to after your submission isn’t a bad idea. Pay a compliment and say you’re looking forward to a response. Just keep finding new sources, keep networking, and keep submitting.
Good luck! Feel free to leave comments below with any more suggestions or thoughts you may have.
To ensure your success, we can create your professional press release and submit you to the industry through our MuzicNotez Boost >>
Or take out a quick release in our magazine and guarantee your acceptance and promotion withing the next 48 hours.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Jennifer Hope New Acoustic Alternative Rock EP ‘SINspirations’ January 22, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Gumshen new album ‘One Time Supershow’ January 19, 2018 MuzicNotez
- After Alice Chart Topping Single ’99 Gold’ Off ‘Memories’ Album January 18, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Rico Band$$ Debut Rap EP ‘The Naiche Project’ January 17, 2018 MuzicNotez
- The Whining Pussys music video ‘Facebook is an Asshole’ – Explicit Content! January 16, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Congrats to Las Vegas Pop Artist Hope on Becoming the NEW MuzicNotez Battles Champion! January 11, 2018 MuzicNotez
- The Sweet Potatoes New Country Album – Headin’ Home January 10, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Sonali new pop single ‘Forever’ January 9, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Jennifer Hope New Acoustic Alternative Rock EP ‘SINspirations’
- Gumshen new album ‘One Time Supershow’
- After Alice Chart Topping Single ’99 Gold’ Off ‘Memories’ Album
- Rico Band$$ Debut Rap EP ‘The Naiche Project’
- The Whining Pussys music video ‘Facebook is an Asshole’ – Explicit Content!
- Congrats to Las Vegas Pop Artist Hope on Becoming the NEW MuzicNotez Battles Champion!