After you create your new hit song or album, you need it to be heard and enjoyed. Almost every independent musician needs to make this their own job (in a countless list of others!). Either you hire a publicist or you continually find new press opportunities and constantly submit your music to them.
As part of the MuzicNotez brand we have this magazine. Within the MuzicNotez Magazine we receive countless submissions a day from indie musicians such as yourself. We enjoy going through all of the submissions, however it’s incredibly time consuming and we’ve received a lot of ridiculous submissions that we just can’t take seriously. We wanted to impart our wisdom and opinions your way to help you receive more success when submitting to blogs, magazines and radio throughout the industry.
Must haves when your submitting to press
To elaborate on these quick and easy tips… one of the most important to us is having a link to a reputable site to quickly stream your music. The end all be all is HOW YOU SOUND. If we can’t quickly have a listen, than what’s the point. So ALWAYS include a link for us to listen to your music. When emailing a specific email address, always include a link (unless asked otherwise) to your new specific release or all your full library of music.
Beyond that, good grammar goes a long way. Be professional, your music is your job and career. If you want us to take you seriously, take yourself seriously. Don’t write in all caps, don’t be cocky and say “I’M #1!”. Yes, be confident, but be real and somewhat modest.
The more opportunities you submit to, the higher your odds of acceptance. We all receive tons of submissions so no matter how great you might be, it just might be hard to get you up. We typically have a list of 100+ already accepted submissions that we’re waiting to get in. Persistence pays off, but be careful not to become spammy. Throwing a tweet or Facebook post to the press you’re submitting to after your submission isn’t a bad idea. Pay a compliment and say you’re looking forward to a response. Just keep finding new sources, keep networking, and keep submitting.
Good luck! Feel free to leave comments below with any more suggestions or thoughts you may have.
To ensure your success, we can create your professional press release and submit you to the industry through our MuzicNotez Boost >>
Or take out a quick release in our magazine and guarantee your acceptance and promotion withing the next 48 hours.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Award Winning Contemporary Artist Erik Scott ‘In The Company of Clouds’ April 18, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Joseph Eid Official Music Video for ‘Watch It Fall’ Out Now! April 16, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Jushay Signature New Rap Music Video for ‘SPLIT’ April 12, 2018 MuzicNotez
- The Impersonators Pop Rock Single ‘Burning Blue’ April 6, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Award Winning Composer Michael Whalen Album ‘Kiss The Quiet’ April 5, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Emma Cole Official Soul Pop Music Video for ‘He Will’ April 4, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Mike Brunacini New Single ‘Lost State Of Mind’ April 3, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Cowboy Raw New Hard Hitting Rap Video ‘I Was Raised’ March 30, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Las Vegas Rap Artist Eli Uno New Album ‘The Polished Turd’
- Award Winning Contemporary Artist Erik Scott ‘In The Company of Clouds’
- Joseph Eid Official Music Video for ‘Watch It Fall’ Out Now!
- Jushay Signature New Rap Music Video for ‘SPLIT’
- The Impersonators Pop Rock Single ‘Burning Blue’
- Award Winning Composer Michael Whalen Album ‘Kiss The Quiet’