African singer/songwriter hopes to crack the UK music industry
Hailing from Eastern Nigeria, MJEEZ hopes to make a name for himself in the UK with new single, ‘Don’t Go Away’.
Starting with an inviting, beautiful guitar melody, ‘Don’t Go Away’ explores a break up MJEEZ had which inspired him to write the track. Universally relatable, MJEEZ’s smooth, soulful vocals lend to the singles emotional content. Yet the chorus sees an upbeat, strong percussive element making it a perfect Afropop-dance track for the party scenes.
Having supported big named African acts including, Dbanj, WizKid, ASA and P-Square, MJEEZ’s fan base is ever increasing and he can only go onwards and upwards. He has also performed to an audience of thousands at Felabration festival which celebrates Fela Kuti; one of Nigeria’s most prominent musical icons.
Watch the video for ‘Don’t Go Away’ here:
He has drawn influences from musical greats including Michael Jackson, Bob Marley and even political figures such as Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. MJEEZ says these influences have enabled him to produce music that “preaches love, unity and peace around the world”.
After receiving little support from family members who preferred he try a more stable career, MJEEZ didn’t let this stop him and he slept on the streets of Lagos, Nigeria to continue to pursue and make his musical ambition come true.
Since hearing new single ‘Don’t Go Away’ we can agree it was the right decision to follow his passion and continue making music.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Purple Matter Hip Hop Instrumental Mix Tape ‘Greenhouse Gas’ October 1, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Purple Matter Hip Hop Instrumental Mix Tape ‘Greenhouse Gas’
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’