Electrifying single “Hey Suzy!” out on August now followed by incredible debut full length “Edge of Town” available from August 31st
They say practice makes perfect and this is most definitely the case with Croydon’s latest jangly, blues-fuelled rock offering, Coffeepot Drive. Subtly combining the hook laden guitar of Alabama Shakes with a huge vocal presence reminiscent of The Supremes, Coffee Pot Drive is a band that cannot be missed.
To say the group are experienced would be an understatement. Having toured with the likes of Status Quo, Uriah Heep, Goo Goo Dolls and even REO Speedwagon on an individual basis they have since joined together and are a force to be reckoned with. Guitarist Boanecker and Front woman Lady Oracle makes it clear that “all this was preparation for Coffeepot” and it cannot be denied that the band are ready to hit the big time.
Single “Hey Suzy!” taken off their debut album “Edge of Town” is a spine tingling rhythmic cacophony of so many different musical flavours and an accurate representation of the group dynamic. With over 5 different countries being represented in the line up, there is an eclectic mix of different genres and styles that help craft the Coffee Pot Drive sound.
To that end the band release their first full length LP on August 31st, an amalgamation of driving low ends and exquisite vocals. “Edge of Town” was produced by Andy Brook (triple nomination by Music Producers Guild for UK Producer of the Year, Breakthrough Producer & Breakthrough Engineer of 2013) and recorded at the legendary ARSIS Studios owned and lent to the band by Status Quo front man Francis Rossi.
Coffeepot Drive does themselves immense credit by creating a record that is both delicate and hard hitting. The lyricism and musicality in the record evokes emotion and pleasure in equal measure. So many personal experiences and hilarious episodes have influenced this release it’s hard not to be endeared to the group.
Their live presence stands up to their recording quality with the band having already sold out acclaimed London venue Ronnie Scott’s and residencies at The New Cross Inn and The Spice of Life. Described as “Dirty Soul” Coffee Pot Drive has spread their wings and count names as lofty as Pixie Lott amongst their fans. She invited them to play her showcase in August, a testament to their wide ranging appeal.
Coffeepot Drive continues to beguile and enthral their audiences with their stereo recording and live sets. Catch them at a show or dance alone to their infectious tunes in your room. Wherever you are Coffeepot Drive’s lust for life will keep you feeling young, fresh and euphoric.
“Hey Suzy!” is out now followed by album “Edge of Town” out on August 31st.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick of the Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around!
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’