Nigel Thomas’s stellar track is set for release on 9th November
Nigel Thomas has already achieved fame fronting the cult indie pop band ‘The Foxes.’ With this stellar group, Nigel supported the likes of The Troggs, Eddie and the Hot Rods, Amy McDonald, The Zombies, Newton Falkner and The Animals. The Foxes did countless tours of the UK and beyond with household names and created unforgettable experiences.
Now it’s time for Nigel to carve his own path and he has done that expertly with his new single ‘Fever’. The track explores the theme of madness and depravity and is both intoxicating in its execution and enthralling in its delivery. The accompanying video can be viewed here, discretion is advised…
Nigel was inspired to write the song from a personal experience in which he collapsed in the kitchen due to severe illness. Realising there was no one there to help him; Nigel felt empathy for those who experience both illness and mental illness without any support networks.
Drawing from influences ranging from Blur, The Kinks, Elliott Smith and Paul McCartney, Nigel Thomas creates his own distinct brand of indie rock by way of classic guitar music. He is also inspired by seminal literature such as William Burrough’s ‘A Naked Lunch’, Palahniuk’s ‘Haunted’, and ‘American Psycho’ by Ellis.
Keeping the theme of fame prevalent, Nigel worked on The Foxes acclaimed debut album with renowned producer John Cornfield who produced acclaimed albums from The Sugarbabes, Supergrass and The Maccabees. This time round Nigel self-produced his latest offering with Mike’s son Luke Oldfield at Tilehouse Studios.
‘Fever’ is scheduled for release on November 9th followed by a UK mini tour and several shows in Germany.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick of the Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around!
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’