Dynamic songstress Jae Franklin is a citizen of the world. Her curiosity about the interconnectedness of people has led her to perform in over 20 countries from Ethiopia to Dubai. No stranger to pop stardom, Jae toured as a background vocalist for Grammy Award winner Melanie Fiona and eventually began performing at a host of reputable venues across the world as a solo artist. Franklin sure knows her stuff and now its time for her to get in the minds of the masses.
Jae was a 80s baby. She grew up in one of the most dynamic erasof music. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Jae’s father exposed her to the blues – the likes of B.B. King and Bobby “Blue” Bland, balanced out with greats like Shirley Caesar and Michael Jackson. Jae also shared her mother’s love of contemporary pop and soul music, admiring the music of Whitney Houston, Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, and Michael Bolton. Today, Jae is inspired by legends like Angelique Kidjo, Jamiroquai, Stevie Wonder, and Sade. It’s no wonder her music sounds the way it does.
Since 2010, Jae has given the world a taste of what’s next. Her voice can be heard on countless collaborations across the web. Her cover of Jamiroquai’s “Morning Glory” was praised by the British band and featured on their official Facebook page. Her collaborations and solo projects have been applauded by esteemed websites like MOOVMNT, Sampleface, and Groovement.
Most recently, Jae started sharing new music in September 2015, releasing her new single ‘Music & Love,’ which premiered on reputable websites like Indie Shuffle and URB.
Stream ‘Music & Love’ here:
Franklin is well on her way to cementing herself among the soul and pop greats that have influenced her. Her forthcoming album, “CHEERS TO LIFE,” will be released in 2016 and feature production by Charles LaMont and WaxMantic. Featuring the lead single, ‘Higher,’ Jae Franklin is set for an impressive year.
Stream ‘Higher’ here:
“Cheers to Life” is out February 2nd featuring lead single ‘Higher’.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick of the Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around!
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Matt Westin New Country Single ‘Hey Bro’ October 22, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Gary Burk III New Country Single ‘You Got Me’ October 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Tyler Childers: The New Old-School October 16, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Purple Matter Hip Hop Instrumental Mix Tape ‘Greenhouse Gas’ October 1, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez