Former Foxes frontman Nigel Thomas is set to release a beautiful collection of solo songs with his forthcoming album ‘Travelling Man’.
The next single release from the album, ‘Ghost Hunter’, sets the perfect mood for the entire record, underlined by its almost mystical qualities and alluring melodies.
When it comes to song writing, Thomas has never been short of ingenuity. Another track on the album, “Que Sera”, is a magnificent track that combines simplicity with a melodic lightness and melancholia, reminding of pop mastery as we know it from the likes of Elton John or Paul McCartney.
The video for ‘Que Sera’ is one of the first Virtual Reality videos that has ever been shot independently by an artist. Pushing the boundaries of technology, this shooting technique allows you to click and drag the image, making it possible for you to watch the film from a 360 degree virtual space. As such the viewer can play an interactive part while experiencing the video. It is best viewed on a Virtual Reality headset, a smart phone or on a desktop computer at 4k. Directed by Chris Presswell, it has been released on 25th January, the day that Sundance Film Festival kicked off in which VR films are a big hit this year!
Nigel’s maturity and musical proficiency is present throughout the whole album. As an all-round entertainer, he has had experience as a musician, DJ and actor. Apart from working with The Foxes Nigel has honed his artistic skills singing and writing for musicals in Leicester Square Theatre or playing one of the leading roles in the British film ‘Candlestick’ from last year. He has even sung for Manfred Mann’s Earth Band.
‘Travelling Man’ has been recorded at London’s Tilehouse Studios with help from Mike Oldfield’s son Luke. The album was mastered by John Davis at Metropolis Studios just after he’d been working on the latest Blur album and remastered Led Zeppelin. Apart from taking inspiration from musical heroes such as The Kinks or Elliott Smith the album was also massively influenced by the literary work from Bukowski to Borroughs and Palahniuk.
The album ‘Travelling Man’ and the single ‘Ghost Hunter’ are out on 14th March 2016
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’