About & History: Spawning all the way from Bombay (India), the debut album, "One Last Monsoon," was written & performed entirely by songwriter David Abraham, and recorded in his bedroom - their music plays like a love letter to the Indie & Alternative genres, and the artists/bands that allow these genres to thrive.
The Koniac Net has been compared to artists such as the Stills, Smashing Pumpkins, Toadies, Death Cab For Cutie, Matt Pond PA, Marcy Playground, & even Helmet & the Deftones.
Upon receiving numerous requests to tour internationally, the Koniac Net transformed from a one-man-project to a 5-piece band in June of 2012.
In February of 2014, the band released their 1st Ep, “Abiogenesis,” in which all 5 members contributed to the writing process.
Songs from both, album & EP, have gained airplay on over 130 radio stations across 30 countries.
* Nominated for BEST ROCK ACT at the VH1 Sound Nation music awards
* Runner-up winner in the Hard Rock Rising contest (1 of 3 bands hand picked from out of 10,000 worldwide)
* David Abraham/the Koniac Net were featured GQ Magazine (June 2013): http://www.gqindia.com/content/gq-playlist-koniac-net
* Voted as "Best Original Band, Mumbai 2012" by Converse & Rolling Stone Mag. India.
* Rolling Stone Magazine featured article about their “Abiogenesis” EP (Feb. 28th, 2014): http://rollingstoneindia.com/koniac-net-release-new-ep/
* 10 out of 10 album review rating by Dublin's (Ireland) U&I Music Mag.: http://issuu.com/uandimusicmagazine/docs/february2013/1 (Pg 46).
* David Abraham/tKN was highlighted & featured in New York's Revolution 360 "People That Matter" interview (March, 2013): http://www.revolutionthreesixty.com/search?q=david+abraham
* June's (2012) Artist of the Week by Indie Music Bus (Florida, U.S.) + Band of the Month (May, 2012) by Alternative Addiction.com (Michigan, U.S.).
* Songdew’s Pick Of The Month (December 2013).
* Both music videos "This Time Around" + "Bricks" have gained continuous airplay on MTV + VH1.
* 4 songs were used by VOGUE India for their Fashion Week, Delhi.
* 3 songs were used in Australia's comedy-drama series FLAT WHITES.