- MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Richard Lynch: I started creating music and writing songs in high school. Seeing my country music heroes on TV shows motivated me to create that kind of music.
Love Tattoo Foundation: LoveTattooFoundation.org
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Richard Lynch: My biggest inspiration was my Dad growing up, he was a great singer, entertainer. Influences and idols would have included traditional country artists like Conway Twitty, Keith Whitley and Gary Stewart.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Richard Lynch: I want my music to represent the real traditional country music and see that music return to the mainstream so more of the public can enjoy and learn about the music I love, to replace the current music being called country.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Richard Lynch: The greatest concert I ever attended was an Alabama concert. Performing with Shenandoah in the lates 80’s was my favorite to perform, I played with them the day Two Dozen Roses went number 1.
- MuzicNotez: Your latest single is ‘Pray On The Radio’, and it has been well received by Christian music charts and radio. What inspired this particular track?
- Richard Lynch: I was doing a phone interview with a Christian radio DJ while on the road doing a radio tour for my song We’re American Proud. The DJ said he knew we were travelling up and down the road a lot and he felt God was riding with us and he asked if we could pray on the radio. The song is that conversation I had with the DJ that day. I believe I just held the pen while the Lord helped me write the song.
- MuzicNotez: You have written such a large list of great music, what’s your songwriting style like?
- Richard Lynch: Find a story, tell the truth and put it to music.
- MuzicNotez: You also have a show called ‘Traditionally Lynch’ which airs on TV and radio, what can fans expect to see and hear on this show?
- Richard Lynch: They will hear live traditional country music, talented musicians sharing the stage with our country music heroes.
- MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Richard Lynch: Always working on new song ideas and hope to put together another album of original music. I am always striving to make my latest album better than the last. We are also booking performances around the country and hope to meet as many traditional country fans as possible.
- MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Richard Lynch: I want to thank everyone who listens to and plays my music around the world, and attends our shows and supports what we are doing.