- MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you Siki, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Siki Daha: Hey Guys, thanks so much for having me, i started around the age of 10 in Pakistan singing with the tublas and then moved to Australia where i pursued that further and the rest is history or on google somewhere! lol
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Siki Daha: I am a huge fan of real singers and artists such as Mariah, Whitney, Michael and Janet Jackson, Stevie Wonder and then my local aussie heroes such as Tina Arena, Natalie Imbruglia and Delta Goodrem. Each of these artists have inspired me in their own way over time and given me the foundation i needed as an artist.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Siki Daha: It used to be about not giving up on love and to always remain hopeful but my priorities have changed from the last album (loveorlogic) to my current one. Its of the utmost importance to me now to make sure i find ways to bring music to forefront that talks about issues of today, visually telling stories that matter and can educate people.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Siki Daha: Greatest concert was def Sade! without a doubt!!
- MuzicNotez: You just released the new album ‘For My Brother’, with a name like that, would you like to say anything about your brother?
- Siki Daha: My Brothers are the reason i stepped back into music over these past couple months and were the reason this album was able to get completed. They have been my silent cheerleaders this whole time and for that i am truly grateful so i wanted to name this album after them.
- MuzicNotez: What was the process like creating your new album?
- Siki Daha: There are songs on there that are ten years old, some a year old and others 7 years old! I truly believe this is my best album to date and one that needed to be released at this time now in my life. I worked with Australian producers and writers on this and feel so happy and grateful that this was able to come to life finally!!
- MuzicNotez: The Corona Virus pandemic has been particularly difficult for the entertainment industry, how has it effected an artist like yourself?
- Siki Daha: I have learnt recently that my music is something i truly do for myself and im aware with being an artist its not something you can sustain a lifestyle or life with unless you go viral or something in particular takes off so i have accepted that this is my art and my art is important to show the world. I do it for myself, i do it to inspire others and do it so my gift can continue to have a place to flourish and tell stories through song.
- MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Siki Daha: I have a collab EP coming out that i wrote with a producer in Berlin earlier this year. He is also an Hip Hop artist and a brilliant producer so im happy to bring this out, its a different vibe.
- MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Siki Daha: Please keep supporting independent artists and keep the music alive! Its a strange time and i hope music can get us through! 🙂