- MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
- D Brax: Is honer to be interviewed by you, I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.
- MuzicNotez: What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- D Brax: I began my quest in music in the church at the age 10 on the keyboard… Today, I skillfully play the organ, keyboard and piano. Growing up loving gospel and jazz music, the blending of these two art forms me to become a talented and gifted gospel-jazz instrumentalist, keyboardist and songwriter.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- D Brax: I hung a round a lot of church musicians at musicals and church events and music jam sessions so I started to learn a lot a of music chording myself so I would implement my learning of church gospel music into smooth jazz so I started learning Brian Culbertson, boney James, Paul hardcastle, George Benson, Paul Taylor and chick corea and this what to get me on the road.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- D Brax: I would love to go back to the Caribbean and tour all of the states in that area and sell concerts and shows and out and put out 100s of albums and win Grammys and nominees.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- D Brax: The greatest concert that I went to was the Napa jazz festival in Napa where Brian Culbertson performed and the greatest concert that I played at was my own cd release party in Sacramento at the liaison lounge where my radio manager lady jaz Simmons was the host.
- MuzicNotez: Being mainly an instrumentalist, what’s your writing style like?
- D Brax: The writing would be the sound of the song so it varies.
- MuzicNotez: The pandemic has effected entertainers like you especially hard. How have you had to adapt?
- D Brax: It really became hard when I had to cancel shows and cd releases where now I had to go virtual and that became challenging so it was never the same being live versus virtual.
- MuzicNotez: What’s your latest release you would like to plug?
- D Brax: I would like to plug the 330 album and my co producers are Jasonryanmusic & Studio mike Grayson and featuring jasonryanmusic.
- MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- D Brax: I will be playing in Las Vegas next year and I’ll be producing more albums pretty soon.
- MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- D Brax: Yes and of course is for my fans, I would like to give heartfelt thanks million because without you I would not be the artist that I am currently and keep listening to and enjoying my music which is what makes me most happy in the world Thank you!