- MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you Todd, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Todd Barrow: I started creating music around the age of eight years old. My parents had me take all kinds of instrumental lessons and found a love for singing!
- MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Todd Barrow: The list is long and wide but bands like the Eagles, Alabama, Journey, Cheap Trick and 38Special. Then artist such as Hank Williams, Waylon Jennings, Rod Stewart, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Buddy Holly.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Todd Barrow: My ultimate goal is getting my music heard on bigger music platforms. On a personal note helping fans achieve their dreams.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Todd Barrow: The greatest concert I was honored to perform was the Ronald’s Roadhouse Concert series. Played with artist like Jerry Jeff Walker, Luke Wade from the voice and Sonny Burgess w/ Jolie Holiday!
- MuzicNotez: Speaking of concerts, you’ve shared the stage with a lot of amazing and notable artists. Who was your favorite thus far or one you’d like to play with in the future?
- Todd Barrow: My absolute favorite show was with Billy Joe Shaver at an event in Greenville, Texas. Fun to be around and rocked the stage……….. If I had my pick I’d like to do a show with Kid Rock!
- MuzicNotez: You’re a true musician, not only are you a multi-instrumentalist that plays a long list of instruments, but you write all your own songs and songs for other artists. What’s your song writing style like?
- Todd Barrow: It comes in various forms. Usually a hot topic fills my head. I begin researching the subject then map out the song. Writing the lyrics first then adding the melody/tempo.
- MuzicNotez: Your latest release is entitled ‘Point Of No Return’, what inspired this track?
- Todd Barrow: This is based on a true story about my brothers venture from texas to california. He lives in Orange County close to LA. Also a message about going places you’ve never been before. Trying new things in this big planet of ours.
- MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Todd Barrow: What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future? Currently kicking around some ideas for next release. Most likely upbeat and fun tune with a traditional country twist.
- MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Todd Barrow: Keep the faith! Good things in store for my fans and music lovers worldwide. Hard at work to bring the best country music to the 10th degree!