MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Dooley KP: I started at the age of six when I performed in front of the entire school at a Christmas program. I guess the motivation started then because I never stopped.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Dooley KP: Every artist that ever did music had an influence. I used to imitate artists as if I was them. 2pac had a real big influence and all the artists from the South had a major inspiration. My brother and his friend was the spark though. I tried to read their lyrics and rap them.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Dooley KP: My ultimate goal is to be able to make music for people to enjoy and be recognized as a talented artist.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Dooley KP: My greatest concert I’ve been to was Mary J Blige and Nas. I am huge Mary J fan. Nas is a great MC. It was a great show
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘Shots On Me’, what can you tell us about this release?
- Dooley KP: It’s a track to make people move and grove. It was something to help promote the Liquor One Roq, in which I invested in and part owner of. It was produced by Wyshmaster and feats. Stevie Stone.
MuzicNotez: Your CEO of the record label and more, Bemiss Boi Ent. This is a dream come true for you, what are your goals with this business venture?
- Dooley KP: To bring entertainment in all forms. To be able to guide and assist others to establish themselves and give opportunities to achieve their goals. All while being a successful company.
MuzicNotez: Originally from Georgia, you proudly rep the south. Now you’re in Arizona and make music you call “Kountry Music”, plus are known as the “Kountry Pimp” (what KP stands for in Dooley KP). How would you describe your brand of music? How is it different?
- Dooley KP: Koetry (Kountry Poetry). It a universal style not just one. It consists of storytelling, groovy music, and country rap tunes, which can also provide messages and bring awareness to everyday life.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Dooley KP: I’m working on finishing up the album which will be entitled the Figure 4.