- MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Brady Novotny: I always had a love for music since an early age. I believe I heard the song Crazy Train by Ozzy, and I fell in love with the sound of the guitar. Ever since then I had a desire to create my own music. I started playing guitar at the age of 11. I can remember even writing my own music as soon as I had the guitar in my hands. However, at that point it wasn’t very good lol.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Brady Novotny: I have had many influences over the years. In the beginning I was strongly influenced by Randy Rhoads from Ozzy, Eddie Van Halen, Rik Emmett from Triumph, and later my influences were Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, and the flamenco duo Strunz and Farah.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Brady Novotny: I really hope my music inspires other people to pursue their dreams. My music has a lot of meaning behind it, everything from spirituality, the pursuit of purpose in life, and even the loss of a loved one. Each musical painting is completely open to the listener’s interpretation of course, but hopefully the titles of the songs can point the listener in my intended direction.
- MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Brady Novotny: The best show was opening up for one of my guitar heroes, Paul Gilbert
- MuzicNotez: You have a very unique style of playing guitar, it’s a melodic fusion of genres. What lead you to this style?
- Brady Novotny: It is combination of my two favorite stylse, rock guitar and Flamenco Guitar. I started playing guitar on a Nylon string. So, that was my first exposure to the instrument. Even though I play electric Guitar, I never abandoned my love for the nylon string.
- MuzicNotez: With such a guitar-centric style of song writing, what is your writing style like?
- Brady Novotny: The majority of my song writing starts with me noodling on the guitar. I play until a melody catches my ear, and then I usually construct the rest of the music around that melodic idea.
- MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the album ‘Passions Collide’, how would you describe this album?
- Brady Novotny: The album is mainly a guitar instrumental with a few vocal tracks. The style is a fusion of melodic rock guitar and flamenco guitar. Ultimately, my goal was to take the listener on a musical journey, allowing him/her to experience singable (haunting) melodic lines while captivating the ear with flamenco sounds and strategically placed virtuosity.
- MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Brady Novotny: I am currently writing new material and hopefully will be back in the studio early next year. In the meantime I hope to release another music video before the end of the year.