Get the ‘Neo Caberet’ EP on iTunes NOW >>
Scilla is an awarded singer/songwriter from Switzerland and Italy based in Los Angeles. She has had considerable media exposure in Switzerland having been on several major radio and TV shows including “Switzerland’s Got Talent” in 2012. She reached 3rd place at the Swiss-Italian final of the Eur ovision Song Contest in 2011 and reached the TOP 10 nationally at the Swiss final of the Eurovision Song Contest in 2010 with her song Barbie Doll, which was broadcast live on three major TV stations (SF1/RTS/RSI).
Born in Lugano, Switzerland, Scilla is fluent in multiple languages English, Italian, German, Swiss German and French. Her passion for being on stage was noticed at an early age. She was singing opera at age twelve at the Swiss-Italian Conservatory before exploring other genres such as pop, rock, R&B, blues, and musical theater at the Academy of Voice in Milan. After graduating from high school in 2008, where her emphasis was on mathematics and science, Scilla decided to focus on her artistic career. She was accepted at the highly respected School of Musical in Milan, founded by Saverio Marconi, a well known Italian musical Director, where she studied singing, acting and dancing.
Scilla came to the US in 2010 and earned a degree in Music Business from the Musician’s Institute of Hollywood in 2011 and a degree in Independent music production at UCLA in 2012. She is now pursuing her career as a singer/songwriter in Los Angeles, performing in various clubs and private events such as The ROXY On The ROX, the HOUSE OF BLUES (on the sunset strip), The Witzend and The Swiss Short Movie Awards among others.
December 2013 Scilla released her new Neo-Cabaret EP produced in the recording studio of Steve Lindsey (Bruno Mars) and engineered by Ichi Suezawa. Her music has blues, jazz and pop influences, inspired by artists such as Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Amy Winehouse and Joss Stone. Her lyric style is triggered by the emotional ups and downs living in a big city. She has been noticed for her strong soulful voice and her entertaining stage performance.
One of the songs from her new EP, “Champagne and Sugar” co-written with Nitanee Paris, won several international and US awards. The song was the category winner of the “West Coast Songwriters International Song Contest” 2013, won the Silver Award for at the Vocal/Jazz Category at the “29th Annual Mid-Atlantic Song Contest” and was a Commended Entry for the Jazz/Blues category at the “UK Songwriting Contest” 2013. Watch the videoclip of her song “Champagne and Sugar” below.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- The Afro Nick New Single ‘Wild Angel’ and Tour Dates May 22, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Asher Laub Violin Cover of Justin Timberlake’s ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ May 17, 2018 MuzicNotez
- All Star Contemporary Group FLOW on The Arrival Tour May 16, 2018 MuzicNotez
- GoodnGone New Country Rock Single ‘Freewill’ May 15, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Grant Duncan New Pop Album ‘Alliance’ May 9, 2018 MuzicNotez
- groovemasta New Funky Electronic Single ‘Take Control’ May 2, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Wisconsin Rock Band Rocket Paloma Music Video for ‘Critics Choice’ April 27, 2018 MuzicNotez
- Dynamos New Official Rock Music Video for ‘Stainless’ April 24, 2018 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Single ‘Wild Angel’ and Tour Dates
- Asher Laub Violin Cover of Justin Timberlake’s ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’
- All Star Contemporary Group FLOW on The Arrival Tour
- GoodnGone New Country Rock Single ‘Freewill’
- Grant Duncan New Pop Album ‘Alliance’
- groovemasta New Funky Electronic Single ‘Take Control’