Get the ‘Neo Caberet’ EP on iTunes NOW >>
Scilla is an awarded singer/songwriter from Switzerland and Italy based in Los Angeles. She has had considerable media exposure in Switzerland having been on several major radio and TV shows including “Switzerland’s Got Talent” in 2012. She reached 3rd place at the Swiss-Italian final of the Eur ovision Song Contest in 2011 and reached the TOP 10 nationally at the Swiss final of the Eurovision Song Contest in 2010 with her song Barbie Doll, which was broadcast live on three major TV stations (SF1/RTS/RSI).
Born in Lugano, Switzerland, Scilla is fluent in multiple languages English, Italian, German, Swiss German and French. Her passion for being on stage was noticed at an early age. She was singing opera at age twelve at the Swiss-Italian Conservatory before exploring other genres such as pop, rock, R&B, blues, and musical theater at the Academy of Voice in Milan. After graduating from high school in 2008, where her emphasis was on mathematics and science, Scilla decided to focus on her artistic career. She was accepted at the highly respected School of Musical in Milan, founded by Saverio Marconi, a well known Italian musical Director, where she studied singing, acting and dancing.
Scilla came to the US in 2010 and earned a degree in Music Business from the Musician’s Institute of Hollywood in 2011 and a degree in Independent music production at UCLA in 2012. She is now pursuing her career as a singer/songwriter in Los Angeles, performing in various clubs and private events such as The ROXY On The ROX, the HOUSE OF BLUES (on the sunset strip), The Witzend and The Swiss Short Movie Awards among others.
December 2013 Scilla released her new Neo-Cabaret EP produced in the recording studio of Steve Lindsey (Bruno Mars) and engineered by Ichi Suezawa. Her music has blues, jazz and pop influences, inspired by artists such as Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Amy Winehouse and Joss Stone. Her lyric style is triggered by the emotional ups and downs living in a big city. She has been noticed for her strong soulful voice and her entertaining stage performance.
One of the songs from her new EP, “Champagne and Sugar” co-written with Nitanee Paris, won several international and US awards. The song was the category winner of the “West Coast Songwriters International Song Contest” 2013, won the Silver Award for at the Vocal/Jazz Category at the “29th Annual Mid-Atlantic Song Contest” and was a Commended Entry for the Jazz/Blues category at the “UK Songwriting Contest” 2013. Watch the videoclip of her song “Champagne and Sugar” below.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Sneak Peak at Michael Egleton’s new track ‘Situations’ off the upcoming album ‘In The Q’ October 23, 2017 MuzicNotez
- The Rough win the MuzicNotez Rock Battle! October 20, 2017 MuzicNotez
- The Sidney Green Street Band New Rock Album ‘Half Live’ October 18, 2017 MuzicNotez
- Stevi Daft New Indie Rock Video ‘Oh Chief’ & Single ‘White Nite’ October 16, 2017 MuzicNotez
- Soultru new single ‘Forgive Me’ October 13, 2017 MuzicNotez
- Sarantos new single ‘Gypsy Jazz’ October 12, 2017 MuzicNotez
- ROADCASE ROYALE: ‘COVER EACH OTHER’ from the album ‘FIRST THINGS FIRST’ October 11, 2017 MuzicNotez
- PeterTheLast new single ‘Hungry Moon’ October 9, 2017 MuzicNotez
- Sneak Peak at Michael Egleton’s new track ‘Situations’ off the upcoming album ‘In The Q’
- The Rough win the MuzicNotez Rock Battle!
- The Sidney Green Street Band New Rock Album ‘Half Live’
- Stevi Daft New Indie Rock Video ‘Oh Chief’ & Single ‘White Nite’
- Soultru new single ‘Forgive Me’
- Sarantos new single ‘Gypsy Jazz’