Florida is a very competitive state when it comes to hip-hop and very few female artists have had the ability to shine like Ft Pierce native, Beema.
Beema began her musical path in 2003 which was spawned by her love for poetry. The published poet spent an adequate amount of time honing her craft and was ready to pursue music as a career in 2008.
Her versatile style is described as a clever mixture of hardcore and sexy. The ability to adjust her voice inflection on each track and to address a wide range of subjects is two reasons why she is quickly becoming a fan-favorite.
The Florida State University Alumni has collaborated with several talented artists/producers including: Burga, Gutta Slim, Tru Baller, Papa Duck, Kandi Dady, C-Rena, Killa Kim, and plenty more.
iTunes: Download her album ‘Scuse Me’ now >>
“. . . Music is my passion and it’s the way I express my past and future . . . .,” said Beema.
Her musical influences includes: T.I, Lauryn Hill, Mos Def, Lil Wayne, Common, Trina, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, and Nas.
Her debut mixtape, Beauty and the Beast vol. 1 (2009) was hosted by the world-renown DJ Smallz. Her singles “I got it” and “White Gyrl Swagg” quickly snatched the attention of fans and unbelievers alike.
The savvy-minded artist followed up with two more mixtape releases: Beauty and The Beast vol. 2 (2011) and B.Y.O.B 24/7 (2012).
Beema’s main source of motivation stems from the love that she have for music as well as her family. Beema first-handedly witnessed the ‘struggle’ as a child. Never thinking that her lyrical creativity would be her one way ticket out of the struggle; but now, she wants her parents to be able to relax and enjoy the finer things that life has to offer.
In 2012, she linked up with one of the most powerful managers/record-breakers in the South, C. Wakeley. Generally, he refuses to work with female artists but according to Wakeley, “I am thoroughly impressed with her.”
Beema released her 4th mixtape titled ‘Scuse Me’ on September 11, 2013, and track for track, pound for pound she dominates each track so effortlessly. Beema is currently working on her street album “I’m a G.A.W.D.” which will be available for purchase the end of fall 2014 via iTunes, Amazon, etc.
Lay around, there’s plenty more to come from this young lady.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Listener – Talk Music Single ‘Falling In Love With Glaciers’ June 19, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Pretti Emage New Hip Hop & R&B Album ‘The Playlist’ June 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- LOKELLA: Crushing Boundaries in Grand Rapids’ Alt-Music Scene June 7, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Colorado Soul Group – The Burroughs ‘Step Into The Music’ June 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Bill Abernathy’s New Americana Single ‘Changes’ June 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Alternative Chicago Band Sleeping At Last New Album ‘Atlas: Year Two’ May 29, 2019 MuzicNotez
- A True Original – Hannah Moore May 24, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Richard Lynch – ‘Keyboard Cowboy’ Country Single May 22, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Listener – Talk Music Single ‘Falling In Love With Glaciers’
- Pretti Emage New Hip Hop & R&B Album ‘The Playlist’
- LOKELLA: Crushing Boundaries in Grand Rapids’ Alt-Music Scene
- Colorado Soul Group – The Burroughs ‘Step Into The Music’
- Bill Abernathy’s New Americana Single ‘Changes’
- Alternative Chicago Band Sleeping At Last New Album ‘Atlas: Year Two’