MULTIPLE MUSIC AWARD WINNING ARTIST! Garry Moore has a long musical history! He’s a singer, songwriter, musician, and producer. Garry wrote his first song at age 12, and now has a catalog of over 500 songs. Garry began his musical journey at age 9 when his grandmother formed a gospel quintet of 3 cousins, a friend, and himself. He was the lead vocalist of the young group. Being influenced by the “Beatles” he picked up the guitar at age 10. His father also played which inspired him as well. As he grew older he sharpened his guitar skills listening to “Carlos Santana” “Jimi Hendrix” “George Benson” “Al Mckay” and other guitar greats.
His gospel influences as a teenager were “Andrae Crouch”, “The Mighty Clouds Of Joy”, “Rance Allen” and “Edwin Hawkins”. Other musical influences were “Earth, Wind & Fire”, “The Commodores”, ” The Isley Brothers” and “The Jacksons”.
iTunes: Download ‘Hero’ here >>
Spotify: Listen on Spotify here >>
Amazon: Download ‘Hero’ here >>
At age 19 (1979) he formed the group “Garry Moore & New Joy”. They recorded their first (45) single the following year (1980) on the H.S.E. record label in Nashville Tennessee. Four years later he and the group recorded their first Album (1984) with a change in the personnel and with a new name “FIRE POWER”. The group “Fire Power” opened up for artist like the world renowned Grammy award winning group “The Mighty Clouds Of Joy”. The group continued to do concerts and record in the studio during the 80′s. In the early 90′s the group “Fire Power” disbanded while in the midst of their 2nd studio album and the material was never released.
In 1997 he recorded and released his first solo Cd album titled “You’re Never Alone”. He then followed up that project 4 years later in 2001 with a Cd album titled “Yahweh” which rendered the number 1 radio Hit Single “Come As You Are” Several songs from the Cd received heavy rotation also on college stations.”
Finally, after a long hiatus of 8 years from the music scene “Paradise” was released by T.M.G in 2010. Garry’s 4th Cd was released June 10th 2011 titled “A Blessing For You” which won him “The Indie Music Award” in Hollywood for “Best Male Gospel Artist” of 2012.
On October 22, 2012. He released his 5th Cd titled “Breakthrough” Which won him “The Indie Music Channel Award” in Hollywood for “Best Gospel Music Producer” Of 2013 for the hit song “God Is So Good” a “Nomination Certificate Award for Best Album Of The Year” and a “Nomination Certificate Award” for being nominated 12 times in 11 categories.
His 6th Cd “HERO” was released May 2014. Seven songs from the Hero album were nominated for Indie Music Awards in Hollywood. Garry won “Best Male Gospel Artist” of 2014. All of GARRY MOORE’S music is available on iTunes and all major mp3 stores worldwide!
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- The Vics Indie Rock Single ‘Fourth and Clay’ April 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- DIMH Project New Rock Album ‘From Hell to a State of Grace’ April 11, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Bill Abernathy Americana Single ‘Cry Wolf’ April 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Gary Douglas Band New Rock Single ‘Million Miles Away’ April 9, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Nell & Jim Band Cover Classic ‘Shady Grove/Matty Groves’ March 28, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Andrew David Weber New Album ‘The Voice of Experience’ March 26, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Las Vegas Native Bluegrass Band The All-Togethers Live at The Brooklyn Bowl Opening for The Steep Canyon Rangers March 22, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jae Casino Debut Solo Hip Hop Album ‘Too’ March 20, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Vics Indie Rock Single ‘Fourth and Clay’
- DIMH Project New Rock Album ‘From Hell to a State of Grace’
- Bill Abernathy Americana Single ‘Cry Wolf’
- The Gary Douglas Band New Rock Single ‘Million Miles Away’
- Nell & Jim Band Cover Classic ‘Shady Grove/Matty Groves’
- Andrew David Weber New Album ‘The Voice of Experience’