Follow up single, Codeine, to be released October 1st
Witchingseason are a talented, energetic rock trio who are releasing their EP on November 10th. Receiving rave reviews nationwide, Phoenix FM host, Scott Sparx, commented that he was “blown away by their music!… and couldn’t wait to share them”.
Their first release, ‘Spiders’, showcases the bands typical rock style with a sound not for the faint hearted. Drenched in heavy guitar riffs and riotous drums, the coarse, melodic vocals are layered over the top to create a track that any rock fan can chant along to.
Drawing influences from rock royalty, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stoneage and Dinosaur Jr – to name but a few – Witchingseason have garnered considerable experience and enthusiasm for rock from watching these artists’ successes and innovations. Witchingseason also got to take steps in their favourite bands shoes when they played at the 100 Club in Oxford Street, London. They have also supported Japanese Fighting Fish and Droppers Neck.
iTunes: Download the single ‘Spiders’ here >>
A personal highlight for the band was meeting Alain Johannes (Them Crooked Vultures, Queens of the Stoneage, Chris Cornell) before one of his shows, and he was nice enough to give them advice and ended up talking to them for hours – even buying them a few beers!
The pursuit of a music career was not always a definite one as guitarist Tom Reynolds, at the age of 6, was told he would never be able to play an instrument after being diagnosed with dyslexia. Determined to overcome this, he got his first guitar in his early teens but didn’t take it seriously until he was 15. With encouragement from others, he began to learn a few punk and blues tracks and joined a Pearl Jam cover band playing in pubs and clubs all over London and Kent. A chance encounter at Tom’s 21st birthday party gave him the encouragement to start writing his own material and Witchingseason was born.
The bands perseverance has certainly paid off as we eagerly await the new EP due for release November 10th.
The most popular MuzicNotez Magazine posts each week are awarded as our “Pick Of The Week“. Help this feature win by sharing it around.
- Austins Music Picks
- Emerging Talent Agency
- Forever Indie
- HOT Music Topics
- Indie Music Submission
- Indie Music Videos
- Julet Frazier
- Mainstream Fix
- Michael LaBella
- MNotez Recommendations
- MTS Management
- MuzicNotez Battles
- New Album
- New Single
- Pick of the Week
- PRO Members
- PRO Press Opportunities
- Promotional Music Tips
- SKOPE Mag
- Success Stories
- The Dutch Guy
- UK INDIE
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify September 13, 2019 MuzicNotez
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’ September 10, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana September 4, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’ August 8, 2019 MuzicNotez
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’ August 6, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’ July 17, 2019 MuzicNotez
- The Afro Nick New Music Video for ‘Before Noon’ July 15, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Karl Sky Folk Rock Album ‘Stranger To This Place’ July 12, 2019 MuzicNotez
- Scott Zartman New Album ‘Making Up For Lost Time’ on Spotify
- MUTLU New Single ‘Lifeline’ off album ‘Good Trouble’
- Lost Dog Street Band: The Burning Embodiment of Americana
- Brother Eustace Interview and Review of New EP ‘Dividing Lines’
- UK Pop Artist Elizmi Haze New Single ‘Champagne’
- Jay Elle New EP ‘Ease Up (Into Love)’