View Profile >
Genre: Rap and Hip Hop
- How long have you been a musician? What age did you begin?
- CaliDro: been a musician bout 10 years, N got interested in making music when I was young, a little kidd. never thought pursuing this career would be my goal. But we all got dreams… N dreaming is beautiful..
- Who are your musical influences, idols or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped Mold he music that you create?
- CaliDro: I grew up in the streets. I had, I No parents, listening to other people’s problems (Rap music), was away to forget about my problems. Influence, was I guess who ever rap with Negative issues. No-1 teach me, I teach myself, everything I did, I did by myself. Problems N books set me free…. N don’t have to answer to nobody either..
- If you could play with any other musician or band… who would it be? (Past or Present)
- CaliDro: Sade..
- How do you consider your style different from others?
- CaliDro: My style of music comes from everyday struggle. the way U grew up, things I had to do in order to continue living. My life’s journey, everybody’s life is different. Like (DNA).
- What’s the music scene like in Chicago? How is it for an up and coming artist like yourself?
- CaliDro: Make me wanna get-up! N dance to the beats N the vocabulary on the songs are just music to my ears. (Street talk, street challenge, N everyday living is learning) ..Like try N unforgivable errors of life..
- What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- CaliDro: My goal, N music to achieve, is for those, that have been ignoring the books, see what I’ve been doing, it’s all about knowledge. Message: (open your eyes) Everything is written in the Books for U to do N follow..
- Your open to collaboration with other artist, is there any specific kind of collaboration you’re looking for? What do you look for in somebody whom you’d consider collaborating with? Or any other genres of music you’d consider collaborating with outside Hip-Hop?
- CaliDro: My collaboration with somebody else would have to be real about what they talking bout..
- You’ve made it through some tough times and tragedies in life, how has that affected you as a musician now?
- CaliDro: It gives me more hope, to tell my story’s with a mic in hand..
- Any advice you’d like to give from your past experiences?
- CaliDro: Keep living, keep learning N keep it real..
- What’s your writing style like?
- CaliDro: Don’t categorize my life as a style, or U can call it. Just simple living..
- How do you believe the internet helps the music industry or as you a musician?
- CaliDro: U can reach farther, N go place’s at the same time..
- How do you like to spend your time when you’re not creating music?
- CaliDro: Sleeping or chilling. Next to my woman..
- Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message to your fans?
- CaliDro: Look out here comes aw-crazy ass MEXICAN!