Blackhoody Fam’s MNotez Interview:
- MNotez: First off… what are your names and positions in the group?
- Blackhoody Fam: Bangum- producer,song writer,and singer/rapper
Take Notes- rapper/song writer
Proph- rapper/song writer
we all run the show!
- MNotez: How’d you all come together to form the group?
- Blackhoody Fam: Bangum and Take Notes met each other at work. They quickly realized they had the same ambitions! So they both started a studio, and made it happen. As song after song went by Proph came in the picture and started laying the piff! Just when we thought the circle was complete the first lady (Ms.Petite) came along and added the last piece to the puzzle. THE REST IS HISTORY!
- MNotez: How’d you come up with the name Blackhoody Fam?
- Blackhoody Fam: Well when we were all growing up we felt that the most influenential symbol was dudes in blackhoodies because, they were out there grindin hard and when we make our music that’s what we represent.
- MNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musicians you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Blackhoody Fam: Bangum – R.Kelly, Jay-z, Tupac and Biggy!
Take Notes – Tupac, Big, Big L, Slim Shady, Jay-z, and the L-O-X …
Ms.Petite – Remy Ma, Lil Kim, Lauren hill, Jay-z, Queen latifah
Proph – Kanye west, Jay-z, Biggy, Dmx, Tupac, Wyclef Jean, Eminem!
As a whole – Fugees,Lox, And Wu-tang clan..(Just to name a few)
- MNotez: You say Blackhoody Fam is not a movement it’s a statement… what is that statement?
- Blackhoody Fam: When your comfortable in your own skin your destined for greatness (Greatness is a state of mind)
- MNotez: What’s the New York music scene like for an aspiring group?
- Blackhoody Fam: There are alot of artists that hate and alot of artists that show love. We are all about real rap and we try not to get caught up in the bullshit!
- MNotez: If you could play with any other artist or group… who would it be? (past or present)
- Blackhoody Fam: If we could record with any other artist or group artist wise it would be Kanye west,Lauren hill, and R.Kelly. Group wise it would definitely be The Lox, and The Fugees.
- MNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a group? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Blackhoody Fam: The love of music comes in all faces,ages,colors,and shapes. GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC! (Take Notes) It is possible that people could succeed as a group when there is loyalty and hard work (Ms.Petite) The message we want to send to people is to tell them that it is okay to be themselves! (Bangum) I agree with the group, know what im saying. At the end of the day if someone could be like yo. “That’s Bangum or that’s Take Note Ms.Petite Proph i’ll feel like we acomplished something!” (Proph)
- MNotez: How do you write your music? Anybody designated to specific rolls in the process?
- Blackhoody Fam: We all write our own verses and come up with choruses together… IT’S A GROUP EFFORT!
- MNotez: Out of all your songs… do you have a favorite? What is it? And why?
- Blackhoody Fam: Every new song is the best song! (There are no favorites)
- MNotez: How do you believe the internet helps the music industry or you as a musician?
- Blackhoody Fam: It helps tremendously with networking and finding other artists, on top of that it gives you an opportunity to go beyond the radio. Every artist should take full advantage of it!
- MNotez: How do you spend your time when you’re not creating music?
- Blackhoody Fam: Spending time with family and friends help us stay sane.
- MNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message to your fans?
- Blackhoody Fam: First off we wanna thank “MuzicNotez” for this interview… We appreciate everyone who gives us a chance and we hope they keep listening. This is only the beginning! ~BLACKHOODY FAM~