Our Judgment Interview with the MuzicNotez Crew
- MuzicNotez Crew: Introduce yourselves, what are your names and rolls in the band?
- Our Judgment: Jake Olson (Vocals) Steve Sauers (Guitar) Chris Galetka (Bass) Brett Dahlberg (Drums)
- MuzicNotez Crew: How long have you been together? How did the band form?
- Our Judgment: The band has been together for about 4 and a half years that has spanned 3 EP’s
- MuzicNotez Crew: How’d you come up with the name Our Judgment?
- Our Judgment: It was the product of a brain storming session with the 4 members we had at the time. nothing specific was ever decided in the means of the title. we always wanted the listener to decided what Our Judgment meant to them. which turned out to be pretty ironic.
MuzicNotez Crew: Who were your musical influences, or bands growing up that helped mold you into the musicians/band you are today? Or helped mold the music that you play?
- Our Judgment: Even though we all had and continue to have different influences we all find common ground on the love of metal old and new. not really limited to just national act. influenced by other regional bands as well. we have always just played what sounded cool to us.
- MuzicNotez Crew: What’s the greatest concert any of you have ever been to, or performed?
- Our Judgment: We are all avid show goers and have been to a ton of great concerts but some of the best concerts we have had a chance to play were 2012 Vans Warped tour MN date. All Stars 2012 MN date. Crush ‘em all 2012 WI date
- MuzicNotez Crew: What’s your biggest motivation while playing on stage? Any pre-game rituals before a show?
- Our Judgment: Our biggest motivation to always give 110% in writing and live performance is each other. We have a commitment to never let each other down because we all are driven to be successful and want to be able to play music for a long time. we are usually too busy warming up but I guess you could call that a ritual.
- MuzicNotez Crew: You’ve played some amazing gigs, the 2011 Warped Tour, Crush ‘Em All and the All Stars tours. How were those experiences? Take anything important from that as a band? Any crazy memories? Which had the best mosh pit?!
- Our Judgment: Oh those were all great gigs and all have AMAZING memories that accompany them but we are a young band and it’s always nice seeing bands that not only perform but travel and live on the road so we can see how it’s done and take notes.
- MuzicNotez Crew: you could play with any other musician or band… who would it be? (past or present)
- Our Judgment: So many great bands that we would love to play with but its the big bands that bring big shows. As I lay dying, The Black Dahlia Murder, Metallica lol on the last one. but seriously we strive to be a big band!
- MuzicNotez Crew: What do you want your fans to think or feel while hearing your music?
- Our Judgment: well we wouldn’t want them to feel bad haha. inspired… it’s important for kids to get excited about our genre and want to continue it. even if we don’t make it there is always kids that will get pumped and take it to the next level.
- MuzicNotez Crew: You have a new EP coming out “Concepts”, how’s recording coming along? How have you evolved as a band sense your last release?
Our Judgment: We have actually finished recording on November 24th. The Great thing about going into record is that it always makes you better. fitting your parts in studio is some of the best practice you can get. as far as our sound goes we feel we have maintained the Our Judgment feel while just making it better. more technical, more Heavy.
- MuzicNotez Crew: Your band resides in Eau Claire, WI, what’s that like for an indie band like Our Judgment? How’s the music scene there?
- Our Judgment: Living in Eau Claire is great! living is generally cheap which makes going out on the road easy for us and a lot of great music comes from this area as well. Unfortunately most of it is not metal… and if it is metal it’s mostly bar bands. Certainly nothing wrong with that but our goals are much higher.
- MuzicNotez Crew: How do you believe the internet helps the music industry or you as a band?
- Our Judgment: Internet helps people promote their bands and shows. makes everything much more accessible. kids these days are spoiled haha!
- MuzicNotez Crew: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Anything to say to your fans?
- Our Judgment: Thank you to anyone who supports us and thank you MuzicNotez for doing this interview!